At the 2012 HighEdWeb Conference, I present a poster session, “Why I Left Higher Ed — and Why You Should Stay.” For those who want to follow up on some of the resources (or who couldn’t be present), here they are.
- The official description of the conference session
- "Student Debt at Colleges and Universities Across the Nation", New York Times
- Henry Rosovsky, The University: An Owner’s Manual
- Anya Kamenetz, DIY U: Edupunks, Edupreneurs, and the Coming Transformation of Higher Education (Chelsea Green Publishing)
- Tom Rath, Strengths Finder 2.0 (Gallup Press)
- Gordon T. Smith, Courage & Calling: Embracing Your God-Given Potential, rev. ed. (InterVarsity Press)
- Susan Evans, "Groundhog Day Again? Really?", Link
- Joel Spolsky, "Figuring Out What Your Company Is All About"
- William Falk, "Picture-Perfect College Campuses"
- Ambrose Bierce, “E” (including “Education”), The Devil’s Dictionary
In case you’re interested in resources related to my presentations at previous years’ HighEdWeb conferences, here you go: